Thursday, December 17, 2009

In between musings: the state of things that dont really matter.

UNC fan who lives in the real world. Every other person and their brother has read this story but I will link it anyway. He apparently recognizes what we do about wall and understands how sacred this game really is to us. This shows the difference in UNC fans and Duck(I mean Dook) fans. UNC has class in victory and defeat and you have to respect that. I would hope if the shoe were on the other foot we would be as gracious.
http://www.sbnation.com/2009/12/7/1188752/the-basketball-cathedral-kentuckys?login=1260235707

Where’s the Boogie man?
Darren Moscoe better known to UK fans as the boogie man in section 18/19 who is gyrating dancing machine has been missing after his initial presence of the season in one of the first games. I actually have video of his performance in what looked to be like an authentic Rick Robey warm up. I hope he is well and we get to see more of his great energy this season.

Liggens wearing a jersey. For the first time this season I have noticed that Liggins was wearing a jersey under his warm-ups. Previously he has worn bulkier shirts underneath. This time like the rest of the team it was clearly visible under his top. Could it be just hopeful wishing on his part by at least fully dressing for what has been the biggest hyped game of his young career at UK? I have heard everything regarding rumors on this issue this season. Some were pretty interesting while some were just right distasteful. I think the good news coming from this from my perspective is in question form. Would you rather have DeAndre Liggins playing time as a distraction or perhaps an injury or starter being a ball hog or perhaps our stars getting in trouble using fake IDs to get into a club where all the patrons and staff know you? I will take this distraction any day and good for Cal putting everybody in their place and telling them to mind their own business. UPDATE: Lil Lig got 40 seconds of PT baby! This means that he has not been institutionally disciplined which simply means that it’s a “team” issue and not a violation worthy of investigation (at least that what most of us where hoping for).

During halftime of the NC game I got to shake hands with and congratulate Randall Cobb for having a great season this year and I have to say I was pretty numb to not have at least asked to get my picture with the guy.

Sprowl, my long time friend, roommate and co-worker that went to UK when I did came to the game with me on Saturday for the UNC smashing party and I couldn’t have been thrilled more to have him there right in the middle of it. SO thrilled I guess I owe him an apology for talking so damn much during the game; I am pretty sure he knows the difference in PP and the rest is that PP is an NBA player playing college ball and I don’t have to repeat telling him that again… I am sure he knows that Buffalo Trace is partly responsible for that.

How exciting that the Monster Mash will be in house and on the broadcast for the highly anticipated win 2000. What great memories he created for us blue bloods in the early 90s when throwing the entire program on his shoulders and bringing us out of the dark and back into the glory.

IS Wall All that? Add the other two games not listed below and I have to agree with John Clay of the Herald leader. He says so and the “survey says” yes:

through their first six games

John Wall, UK 18.5 7.8 4.0 55.6
Cal coached players:
Tyreke Evans, Memphis 16.2 3.8 3.5 44.9
Derrick Rose, Memphis 17.0 4.3 2.8 50.0
UK freshmen:
Patrick Patterson, 2007-08 (15.7 ppg, 8.8 rpg)
Jamal Mashburn, 1990-91 (14.7 ppg, 7.3 rpg)
Chris Mills, 1988-89 (12.7 ppg, 4.8 rpg)
Rex Chapman, 1986-87 (16.3 ppg, 3.3 apg)

No comments:

Post a Comment